Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 1 Road Trip To VA



Our road trip began pretty uneventful, until we hit CT. Then, little Petulia Putt Putt decided she didn't like going up hills, and the engine light started blinking. I almost stopped there and headed for home, but I held my guns, talked nice to her and we continued on. We didn't hit much of any traffic... our first stop was about 3 hours in for a bathroom break and then we didn't stop for lunch until NJ, where I paid $3.64/ gallon for gas.



We were breezing right along, I was so excited to not hit any traffic, knowing I had to get through DC as quick as possible. Then, it hit us, like a ton of bricks....we were through DC just before 4pm...shot down the HOV lane...seeing everyone in the traffic jam....then BAM!!! there we were stuck in the friggin traffic for two hours with 95 degree heat and no air conditioning....we were melting....we finally started back up and rolled into the hotel at about 7:30pm....we should of made it no later than 5:30pm...UGGHH!!



The best part was when we got into Williamsburg and Wally was reading the map directions to the hotel...and all of a sudden I realized she was continuing reading in the TRIPTIK from AAA and was actually reading the directions on how to drive home from Williamsburg...



Well, we made it here and did I tell you we are staying at the No Tell Hotel....pretty much one of the worst hotels I have stayed in...but it is clean...just old....



and the best part Sat am was that the shower didn't work...thank goodness we were heading out to Water Country! Oh Yea--- the gas runs between $3.44-$3.49/gallon... whata barrrrgaaainnn

No comments: