Friday, June 17, 2011

Camping In The Pouring Rain

So, I planned a Girl Scout Encampment for 200 people to attend...started planning back in January. This was going to be a great weekend...our theme was I'm A Survivor-I'm A Girl Scout...well someone forgot to notify mother nature that it wasn't suppose to pour rain....and man I mean pour rain from morning until night onto the next morning.

But the girls loved it...they played all their games outside in the pouring rain, they explored the woods and they even got to go boating in the pond in the pouring rain with a foot of water in their boat. We were true survivors and I have realized I hate camping!!! By the way, my troop is lodge certified, so we were in a building and very lucky our building had a kitchen a dining room and even a couch with two bathrooms.....I still hate camping...I don't get why in the world you would pack up all this stuff for a stay in the woods.....I just don't get it!




















No comments: