Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mourning The Loss Of "Baby"

Today we are mourning the loss of Lexi's baby.

While in China, Lexi searched for something to attach herself to. I brought alot of cuddly animals and blankies for this purpose, but none would satisfy her. The closest was rubbing the sheets in the bed. On our return from China, my mom found in her gift draw, this yellow teddy bear dressed as a pumpkin blankie, Lexi took to her right away. This was Lexi's baby. Baby went with her whereever she went, it was full of her smells and germs. She would spit in it, blow her nose in it and cuddle it all night while sucking her thumb. We could hardly get it away from her to wash it.

We are all part of watching out for baby and we have some back ups just in case. But, today at Walmart, the day finally came when we lost her. I went back and searched twice and my parents drove all the way back with Lexi to look for it as well. Baby is no where to be found.

Lexi is devasted. I brougt her to the store to pick out a new one, but she cries for "old" baby. I feel so bad for her and it makes me cry thinking about her loss. Such a simple loss, but of great importance for her.

Here are some of the more recents pics of her with her baby.





No comments: