Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Becoming A Mom 7 Years Ago!

I had just given up on waiting for the phone call and walked out of my office, when the phone rang. I ran back in to answer and the voice on the other end, said congratulations you have a baby girl. Her name is Cen Rui and she is from the Heng Feng Institute in Jiangxi Province. Her birthday is 3/23/02. We will send you a picture and you will receive the information in Fedex tomorrow. Where should we send it?

Whoa Whoa Whoa, wait a minute, I just became a mom.

I couldn't believe it. After waiting 2 years!

The next morning, I was so anxious to receive the fedex package. I was so afraid to see what she looked liked. I opened the envelope and took a peek at her picture for the very first time. All my co-workers and friends were around me, including mom.

Once opened, I shared the pictures with everyone. Everyone was so excited to finally see her as I spoke about for nearly two years. I studied every inch of the pictures. Her eyes, her little nose, her cheekbone structure and her eyebrows. I knew every inch of her as if she was sitting right in front of me. Right after work I went to CVS and made copies of her pictures and put them in frames all over my house, as if she was already with me.

Now my beautiful girl is in 2nd grade and will be turning 8 years old in March, boy how time flies. But it is always nice to remember this day especially at Thanksgiving time.

No comments: