Saturday, July 18, 2009

Leaving On Our Road Trip

So, I am sitting here at 5:30 am in the living room, waiting for everyone to wake up and wondering if I sneak out now and leave, will they notice? Just kidding! In a few hours we will be leaving to drive 3 hours to Norwalk, CT. I decided to break up the 7 hour trip for the reason that the kids can't take the long ride, or really mom can't take the kids in the car for that long.

Olivia skinned her knee yesterday after Papa and me constantly telling the kids to calm down and take it easy, if you get hurt you need to stay home.

It was kind of funny, we were doing the newspapers. I was parked across the bottom of a driveway, she ran up to the door to drop the newspaper. I looked out the passenger side to see where she was, and heard a thump on the side of the car. A few seconds later she stood up, oohing and aahing about her skinned knee. I guess she was running back to the car, tripped and smacked into the car. Although I love her dearly, she is a clutz! She is such a drama queen walking around the house like her leg was broken, hanging her leg out of the tub, etc, etc. She is fine, nothing a little Neosporin couldn't fix!

Reminds me of a quick little story of another newspaper delivery. It was in winter and the house had a steep front lawn. Olivia decided to run down the snowy hill to the car, rather than the shovelled driveway. Well to her surprise the snow had a sheet of ice on it and instead of running down, she fell on her butt and slid down the hill, bouncing off the bushes and finally stopping in a bush at the bottom of the hill. Lexi and me were in hysterics in the car, when the poor thing finally got up and limped her way back over.

Drama queen is awake, I just asked how her knee felt, she said Oh I need a blanket, since I hurt my knee and it is still hurting. I am sure it hurts, but really there is just a few minor scratches and she can run, walk and jump, so I don't think anything is seriously wrong.

Anyways, back to vacation. Today, we are hoping to walk around the harbor area and go to the Maritime Aquarium.

Pics to come later!

Safe travels for us!

No comments: