Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Musician

To have a natural intuitive-feeling-perceptiveness of music is something I just don't have.  In my own mind, sure I dream about being a rock star or secretly playing the air guitar or drums when no one is looking.  But, what my daughter Olivia has is a true talent.  She feels the music, she feels the beats, the harmony, and more. She can hear a tune and within a few short minutes repeats it on the piano.  She walks around with her flute or guitar in her hand as casually as chewing a piece of gum and blowing a bubble.  Her enjoyment of making musical sounds through her instruments is incredible.   What a talent Olivia has and I couldn't be prouder. To see her comfortable on stage, laughing and smiling truly meant the world to me. Here is a snapshot of the 6th grade Winter Concert.  The kids were amazing, for only having a short four months with their instruments, they all performed flawlessly.  BRAVO to Olivia and her 110 band counterparts!

No comments: