Saturday, October 23, 2010

Turning 40

Turning 40, was pretty uneventful....although my expectation was a lot higher. I thought when you turned the big TENS, they were a big deal. I preach constantly, if you don't expect much, you won't be disappointed. In my case, I am constantly being disappointed by the people around me.

The girls made some cupcakes for me treated me to a back and foot massage. Which of course at 8 and 4, they were more excited about my birthday than I.

I on the other hand, go to treat the family for a $70 dinner at Joe's. Yes, that is right, I treated myself to a birthday dinner. No birthday cards, no presents, no cards in the mail, no phone calls from family, no nothing. I did get about 35 Happy Birthday's on Facebook and a few Happy Birthday wishes at work. Other than that, Nada, Nothing!

This isn't a Whoa Me, but is more of enlightening on who is in my inner circle and clearly who isn't.

So, as I turned 40... I took a real good look at what friendship means, what my daily life is like and what changes need to be made to make my life more fulfilling.

I have looked back on what I have offered people and what I have put up with thus far in my life....most comments can't be put in writing on a blog...but there is much disappointment on the return respect I have received.

So, heading over this hump has showed me that my girls are my life, us 3, and all others can take a back seat....

No comments: