Monday, May 25, 2009

Celebrating Memorial Day


Our annual ritual for Memorial Day now is to march with the Girl Scouts in the parade and then celebrate Lexi's birthday. We had a great time marching and I love watching the girls faces when they see their parents in the crowd or hear the spectators cheering them on.

We met Grampy and Nana at Kitty's for lunch and had a birthday cake for Lexi. Olivia reminded me last night at dinner that I didn't get a cake for Lexi. So, being the creative person I am, I took the last piece of the Pepperidge Farm cake, cut it into 4 pieces and put a candle in it. She was happy with that.

After lunch, I brought Olivia on her first bike ride through the neighborhood. She was a little scared, but did great. We are hoping to bike ride as much as we can. I have a seat for Lexi to ride on the back of my bike. Lord, knows I need the exercise!

Here is a cute pic I snapped of the girls today!

No comments: